Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD is part of the Fraport AG group – an established international provider of high-quality airport services, operating 29 other airports worldwide, with headquarters at Frankfurt Airport in Germany. In 2006, Fraport Twin Star entered into a 35-year Concession Agreement with the Bulgarian government for modernizing, managing and developing the international airports of Burgas and Varna.
During the first 14 years of the concession – the period from 2006 to 2020, Fraport Twin Star has invested over BGN 400 million in infrastructure and technological improvements at Varna and Burgas airports.
The company employs over 550 full-time employees and over 230 seasonal employees during the active summer season. Every year, the airports process more than 5 million passengers, served by over 95 Bulgarian and foreign airlines, flying to more than 192 destinations in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
The priority of Fraport Bulgaria is to provide high quality services at the international level, safe, efficient and commercially profitable management of the airports of Burgas and Varna. The company’s ideal is expressed in the VISION of both airports.
VISION: OUR AIRPORTS ARE A ROLE MODEL & A STRONG PARTNER FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BULGARIAN BLACK SEA COAST
The VISION is achieved through the MISSION:
WITH OUR STRONG TEAM SPIRIT, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY & UNIQUE STYLE, WE INSPIRE THE COMMUNITIES OF THE BLACK SEA COAST TO CREATE A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE & A PLEASANT JOURNEY FOR EVERYONE
Determining what, why and how they do it. Fraport Bulgaria is convinced that sustainable business is a key prerequisite for the company's ability to meet future challenges, underpinning its leading position in the aviation industry. The concessionaire's approach is aimed at achieving a balance between the expectations and goals of all stakeholders through responsible actions towards each of them:
- For customers: Ensuring safe and reliable travel is our daily priority. The satisfaction of our customers is extremely important to us.
- For employees: Providing safe and healthy working conditions, training and career development, fair and competitive pay based on personal merit, respect for human rights and labor standards.
- For the environment: Protecting the environment, using natural resources responsibly and striving to reduce them to a minimum.
- For the region: Promoting culture, education and sports, we support people with health problems, marginalized or disadvantaged groups; we provide optimal business conditions for tenants and concessionaires at our airports, we adhere to the principles of the UN Global Compact to prevent corruption and we support fair competition.
- For shareholders: Sriving for long-term business success. We achieve this success with honest and consistent corporate governance.
- For the state: Committed to complying with the law and supporting internationally accepted standards, guidelines and principles.