At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Why should you join the team?
Even though we are part of an enterprise business, we are a fun and collaborative team, which gets it all done. We are gathered from all corners of the globe, from Sofia to Rochester, from Milano to Singapore.
Two important things about the team are that we treat everyone the same, regardless of whether you are an intern who started yesterday or a senior member of this group. It’s not a team of “yes people”. Our manager loves nothing more than good counterpoints to his arguments.
Also, what we do matters. For such a small team, we make a huge contribution to IBM’s overall results. More importantly, we change the industry in the way we work with our client.
We’ll discuss the specifics of what we do with the candidates during the interviews, but for now, suffice it to say that we are focused on maintaining the infrastructure which lies under IBM i operating system.
For our Brand Remote Technical Support team, we’re looking to hire Technical Support Specialist with client-first mindset and eager to learn. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible to receive and record incident related information, using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, select appropriate actions to resolve problems. This role participates in remote technical support of IBM software products and/or systems.
• Flexible schedule to support 24×7 shift operations and on-call coverage.
• Respond to escalated customer calls, complaints, questions and queries.
• Find solutions for customers with a wide range of IBM i Server software issues including answering how-to questions, trouble-shooting defects, analyzing performance issues and collaborating across IBM product areas to resolve problems.
• Provide remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation, usage and configuration questions.
• Become a trusted resource for customer questions on IBM i Server installs/upgrades/migrations, backup and recoveries, fix maintenance and using storage and virtualized storage solutions.
•Help troubleshoot server software problems utilizing IBM team expertise, knowledge content, testing and development discussions.
•Contribute to IBM knowledge content by creating and helping to manage documentation.
•Monitor and adhere to the workload distribution needs.
•Leverage your unique talents to help grow the IBM brand and advance the IBM I Global Support Center mission.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Education and professional experience:
• Relevant University degree, ideally in Information Technology or Computer Science
• At least 2 years’ experience working in the area of customer support
Fluency in English is a must
Fluent second European language, preferably German, French or Spanish
Skills and competencies:
• Basic Storage and Networking knowledge
• IBM i operating system knowledge
• Computer or server hardware knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure, dynamic situations with a large degree of autonomy
- Second European language is advantage