Front/Middleware Java Developer DDC
KBC Group’s Digital Development Center (DDC) is our newly established agile IT business center in Varna, Bulgaria. The DDC offers you a unique opportunity to join the exciting world of digital bank- insurance, explore the agile way of work and become part of a leading EU Banking Group. With our 41,000 talented employees, we at KBC Group aspire every day to enable and protect the dreams of our clients.
DDC is where classical IT meets digital banking – an international meeting place for cross-country collaboration and idea creation!
In Bulgaria, KBC Group is one of largest foreign investors, where we operate under the leading brands of UBB (Banking), DZI (Insurance) and SSC (Shared Services).
How do you like a role described with terms like multiple, complex, constraints, incident, change?
Are you eager to cooperate with analysts, technical designers, functional analysts, product owners, application managers and to manage both multiple and complex systems, within the constraints of time,
quality and budget? Do large-scale projects excite you?
As our developer you will have the opportunity to:
- Build the frontend experience for our clients as part of an agile team.
- Deliver high-quality code, focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability and scalability.
- Realize various software engineering activities as software development, application integration, package configuration, testing, deployment and other software related development activities.
- Join the SAFe ceremonies (PI Planning, Sprint Planning), where we have a lot of interaction within and outside the team and every team member takes responsibility to pick tasks from the backlog, discuss requirements, give status update on open tasks, give and accept open feedback.
- Partake in end-to-end responsibility on the applications implemented, including monitoring, identifying issues or bottlenecks, and delivering improvements of the platform.
What we seek:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within same or similar role
- Solid experience with Cloud Native Java or similar cloud-based technologies
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks (Bootstrap, etc.) and CSS preprocessors (Sass and more)
- Understanding of all application tiers - user interface, client/server integrations
- Knowledge in any of the following technologies: ReactJS, Redux, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Spring Boot
- Verbal and Written English language skills (B1/B2)
- Experience in working within an Agile environment
- Knowledge of non-life insurance is an asset
Our KBC Benefits:
- Training in specific technologies will be provided
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Great opportunities for learning and professional development within a reputable international company
- Preferential terms for use of products and services with all KBC Group companies in Bulgaria
- Additional Medical Care Insurance and Pension plan
- Multisport card and other discounts in shopping centers
- Flexible working
- Home office
If you find this job opportunity interesting and you meet the requirements for the position send a CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Confidentiality is guaranteed and the provided data is subject to special protection in the meaning of the GDPR and Personal Data Protection Act