Join an innovative team focused on delivering and maintaining IBM Z Operating System (z/OS) which runs IBM mainframe computers. We provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe because of the dedication our QA Engineers has to our clients. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, quality assurance is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide.
At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry for solutions you can be proud of. Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, vibrant, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on a high performing team!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for testing and implementing quality and look for opportunities to innovate? If so, joining our z/CX OpenShift QA Engineering team is a great opportunity for you. Our team is looking for skilled and creative QA engineers with understanding of the advantages of industry standard automation tooling to ensure quality, simplify processes, and introduce other opportunities to improve our z/CX OpenShift test process. We need a QA engineer to augment our team through this time of growth, to accelerate this modernization work and support it for years to come.
In the beginning, you will go through an education process specific to your job role. As you complete your learning, your duties will focus on applying QA tools and principals to automating the test processes of z/CX OpenShift products.
Apply Agile/Scrum principals in the test service process
Collaborate with z/OS Build Team, DevOps Team and QA technical leaders
Directly serving IBM’s internal z/OS, zCX OpenShift product development and test groups
Learn to enhance, maintain, and support our current Test procedures and documentation
Ongoing modernization efforts – work with your team and sponsored users to design and deliver improvements to existing processes and create novel additions
About the Team
The z/CX OpenShift QA Test Team executes tests using Jenkins and follows steps to execute manual or automated test cases either using OpenShift CLI or OpenShift Web Console and document test results.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in any scripting languages: Bash shell, Python
- Experience in XML, py-test and OOPs concepts, open-source tools, IDE – PyCharm
- Experience in Linux
- Experience in automation and execution of tests; automation of new workloads
- Basic understanding of container technology and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Acquired knowledge of industry standard technologies including Git, GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience in implementing both manual and automated test scripts
- Experience in managing the release of the software or application and follow up on further releases and corrections
- Acquired knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile patterns
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in agile and colloborative environment with development and test teams
- Experience in software development
- Experience in qTest, Jira, Bugzilla
- Experience in writing microservices or automating operations/testing using jobs and scripts
- Experience in z/OS development and operations environments – TSO/E, z/OS UNIX System Services knowledge