Daye is a highly ambitious R&D startup on a mission to raise the standards in the female healthcare industry. Our aim is to bridge the gender gap in medical research and product innovation by designing products rooted in scientific rigor and inspired by the female intuition.
We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of female health, from the first menstruation up to menopause, and beyond.
We started by upgrading the tampon and after 3 years of R&D, in 2020 we launched the world’s first pain-relieving tampon. We quickly expanded our product portfolio to cover vaginal health with our ProViotics - the first microbiome safe treatment for recurrent infections. We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US market.
Our team of 50, based in London and Sofia, is changing the face of gynae health for the better, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
Daye is looking for a QA Engineer to work out of our London or Sofia office. To support our growth, we’re looking for an experienced and hugely talented candidate to help us build our e-commerce website, in-house ERP, order management system, and female health platform.
We’re looking for someone who strives for complete perfection in software development lifecycles. You know that any little defect can affect users, and understand that it will be your role to ensure that our software processes deliver the most reliable experiences.
You’ll be working closely with our Head of Software Engineering to bring our vision to life and you’ll be involved in every stage of the development process.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring correctness and consistency across all development processes for all of our products, frontend and backend.
- Working in an Agile, highly fast-paced environment
- Identifying defects and writing out clear reproducible bug reports.
- Working with our Quality Management System (QMS) team to ensure we are always ISO13485 compliant.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional test plans.
- Working directly with the software team to exchange best QA practices.
- Estimating schedules and delivering high quality work to that schedule.
- Assisting the Head of Software and other company departments as needed.
What you need to bring
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies.
- Passion about rigorous testing and willingness to go beyond the requirements to ensure the most reliable software.
- High energy and motivation, strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Deep intuition and passion for D2C products and user experience.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with experience in start up environments.
- Fluency in technical English, written and spoken.
- Experience with mobile platforms and ecosystems preferred.
- Experience in test automation is a plus Desired mindset.
- Highly adaptable and agile.
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity.
- Passion for female health and innovation.
- Obsessing over quality, performance.
- Excellent self-organization skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- An impeccable attention to detail and a deep commitment to accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt to changes easily and learn on the go.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers’ best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyone’s an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we’re not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we’re all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We’re always pushing boundaries, for us that’s the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 30 days paid vacation per year including bank holidays
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Tell us about you, your experience and why you are interested in this job.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Attach your latest CV and send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Press send and we’ll get back to you within 1 week.