Daye is a highly ambitious R&D startup on a mission to raise the standards in the female healthcare industry. Our aim is to bridge the gender gap in medical research and product innovation by designing products rooted in scientific rigor and inspired by the female intuition.
We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of female health, from the first menstruation up to menopause, and beyond.
We started by upgrading the tampon and after 3 years of R&D, in 2020 we launched the world’s first pain-relieving tampon. We quickly expanded our product portfolio to cover vaginal health with our ProViotics - the first microbiome safe treatment for recurrent infections. We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US market.
Our team of 50, based in London and Sofia, is changing the face of gynae health for the better, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a remote iOS Engineer. You will be an integral part of the Software team working closely with our Head of Software. You will be responsible for developing our comprehensive female health app platform. The ideal candidate is someone who has developed complex applications with elaborate user interface elements and mixed various transitions and animations to bring a product to life.
Over the next 12 months, our aim is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially, which means you’ll be part of a company on an exceptionally high growth trajectory. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact by creating exceptional user experience. If you enjoy pushing to create mobile excellence, and want to work in a dynamic, high growth VC-backed start-up, we’d love to talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to the core foundations of the Daye mobile app.
- Architecting, developing, maintaining and releasing features of the app.
- Pushing the limits of mobile devices and creating great interactive user experiences.
- Evaluating technical tradeoffs of every decision and working with our designers on the best UI and infrastructure practices.
- Creating and managing our app store submission process.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Accurately estimating schedules and delivering high quality work products to that schedule.
- Collaborating with our designers, engineers and business leads on product flows, aesthetics and prototypes.
- Assisting the Software team and other company departments as needed.
What you need to bring
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications.
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS SDK, native iOS frameworks and Swift.
- A strong portfolio of high quality apps have been released to the app store.
- Expertise in multithreading and memory management for mobile devices.
- Extensive experience working with networking libraries and integrating APIs.
- Previous work on e-commerce apps or apps that take payments is a plus.
- Familiarity with the in-app store submission process and iTunes Connect.
- Solid software engineering practices (separation of concerns, testing, code reviews, continuous integration, design documentation, etc.)
- Passion about building high quality interactive user interfaces on mobile.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills;
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Deep intuition and passion for b2c products and user experience.
- An impeccable attention to detail and a deep commitment to accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt to changes easily and learn on the go.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers’ best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyone’s an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we’re not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we’re all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We’re always pushing boundaries, for us that’s the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 30 days paid vacation per year including bank holidays
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Tell us about you, your experience and why you are interested in this job.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Attach your latest CV and send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Press send and we’ll get back to you within 1 week.