Daye is a highly ambitious R&D startup on a mission to raise the standards in the female healthcare industry. Our aim is to bridge the gender gap in medical research and product innovation by designing products rooted in scientific rigor and inspired by the female intuition.
We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of female health, from the first menstruation up to menopause, and beyond.
We started by upgrading the tampon and after 3 years of R&D, in 2020 we launched the world’s first pain-relieving tampon. We quickly expanded our product portfolio to cover vaginal health with our ProViotics - the first microbiome safe treatment for recurrent infections. We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US market.
Our team of 50, based in London and Sofia, is changing the face of gynae health for the better, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
To prepare for the next phase of our growth, we’re looking for an experienced, yet operationally comfortable senior marketing leader. Over the next 12 months, our aim is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially, which means you’ll be a key part of a company on an extremely high growth trajectory.
As our first Head of Marketing at Daye, you will have the exciting opportunity to lead our brand and drive organic growth. You will set the direction for our communications and image, which will give you the opportunity to market a genuinely innovative, socially-impactful female health platform.
The ideal candidate is a broad-spectrum marketer with at least 5-7 years of experience working on a brand which operates in the digital arena. You will be comfortable covering various domains such as brand strategy, creation of full-funnel marketing campaigns, content creation, brand partnerships, activations, social media, product marketing, influencer partnerships and PR. While a strong brand builder, you are also data-minded and drive your decisions through both data and consumer insight.
You will partner closely with our Growth Lead, as well as our Founder. With great interpersonal skills, you will develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, in order to advance our brand awareness and subscriber growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing the marketing strategy and plans for Daye across multiple geographies.
- Ideating and executing brand marketing campaigns.
- Generating strategies for a strong, differentiated brand positioning.
- Owning content management and creation across all social media platforms.
- Building brand awareness through impactful brand partnerships, influencer marketing, and PR.
- Driving organic growth through social media, and partnerships.
- Overseeing the development of our content platform, Vitals, commissioning thoughtful pieces by high-impact author.
- Working alongside our Growth Lead to ensure all content is optimised for SEO.
- Owning IRL activations.
- Develop marketing plans for all new product launches and oversee product marketing
- Coordinating all marketing efforts and activities, including photoshoots, video shoots, and creative campaigns.
- Generating weekly and monthly marketing reports.
What you need to bring
- Passion about creative marketing, brand building, full-funnel campaigns, and a deep commitment to data-driven decisions.
- Experience working in early-stage startups, as well as scale-ups.
- Proven experience in grassroots and guerilla-type, savvy marketing.
- Expertise in putting together and executing go-to-market plans.
- Ability to analyse and relate to Daye’s consumer personas.
- Readiness to work across different geographies, including Europe and the US.
- Willingness to work on both strategic and more hands-on tasks.
- Curiosity to ideate, test and measure new marketing tactics.
- Commitment to understanding and serving the Daye customer.
- An analytical thinker and brilliant storyteller.
- Expert communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, including great comfort with managing budgets and timelines.
- Excellent self-organization skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines while working across multiple projects.
- An impeccable attention to detail and a deep commitment to accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt to changes easily and learn on the go.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers’ best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyone’s an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we’re not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we’re all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We’re always pushing boundaries, for us that’s the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 30 days paid vacation per year including bank holidays
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Tell us about you, your experience and why you are interested in this job.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Attach your latest CV and send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Press send and we’ll get back to you within 1 week.