At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our teams of Cloud Architects and Engineers help in building clients’ cloud platforms, pipelines and tooling. They work directly with customers and each of us must be able to explain technical content to people who might be less familiar with the technology. You will participate in regular remote meetings, visit the clients on-site when needed, in order to discuss the specific solutions you’re going to implement on the clients’ side. Day-to-day work can be anything from assistance with customer proposal writing, using best practices to design customer environments, implementing configuration management infrastructure, to taking a step back and giving design recommendations to a technical team or pre-sales activities. Your expertise will be appreciated by our sales team who you will assist to create new products and offerings.In most of the projects, daily serving includes Linux, Windows, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Python,Bash, Powershell, AWS, GCP, Terraform, Jenkins, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
– Participating in various customer projects, from new infrastructure builds and migrations to audits and big data;
– Implementing configuration management infrastructure;
– Giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team;
– Trusted advisor role for high profile enterprise businesses;
– Following customer projects from start to release.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Design and/or Cloud ArchitectualPatterns for Development;
– Advanced knowledge ofat least one of the following platforms: GCP, Azure, AWS;
– Solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing and architecting cloud solutions;
– Windows and/or Linux sys op background;
– Previous experience in the design and delivery of systems based on IaaS, PaaS and SaaSofferings, as well as exposure to different architecture models;
– DevOps skills for leading team and consulting the customer;
– Experience with building CI/CD pipelines;
– Knowledge of security, network, virtualization, load balancer, storage and database;
– Container technologies experience (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift);
– Hands-on experience with IaC for managing the cloud;
– Coding/scripting skills (Bash, Python, Powershell, or similar);
– Social skills and a customer service attitude are a must;
– Fluent English – both written and verbal