At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
At IBM Bulgaria, in our Systems organization, we make sure that the world continues to operate driven by our latest and greatest technologies, such as System Z, Storage, Power, AIX and many other solutions. In our Client Innovation Center Sofia, the people have the chance to collaborate with the whole world and clients from every corner of it. We already have experts in development, DevOps, QA and Support Engineers. We also have opportunities in more client-oriented roles, such as Emergency Response Managers, Technical Escalation Managers, and many Project management roles.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Spectrum Storage Software and Hardware Support team is supporting complex integrated storage products end to end, including Spectrum Scale, Spectrum Fusion, Spectrum Insight, Elastic Storage Server.
Our team doesn’t stop at the traditional boundaries of component level product support. We are the single interface to our clients to address their storage solution problems, regardless of if these are software or hardware related. Our Team, working with counterparts in Americas Group and Asia Pacific, provide coverage for our clients via a Follow-The-Sun (FTS) support model. Together, we have a world-class team supporting leading-edge technologies to propel you into a future that you create.
This position involves working with our customers remotely, which are some of the world’s top research, health care and technology providers. We interface with development Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), client care, Sales, Offering Management, and other internal/external teams to resolve client product issues and improve overall Product Quality.
You must be able to assist with advanced hardware, operating systems (Linux), Spectrum Scale Distributed Files System, Storage and network integration issues. Since our product line is centered around software defined storage, we require individuals who wish to be challenged technically and feel comfortable working in an unstructured environment creating resolutions to problems as they arise.
- Provide troubleshooting and analysis assistance for usage and configuration questions
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include assistance interpreting traces and dumps)
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems
- Develops DCF articles and support utilities to improve support quality and productivity
- Respond to escalated customer calls, complaints, questions and queries
The position will require shifts rotation.
What we offer:
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Work in a team with leading specialists
- Competitive remuneration package
- Diverse job role structure giving opportunities for growth within the team.
- Hybrid working model with flexibility to work from home on a regular basis.
- A workplace in an open, friendly hi-tech environment
- Recognition awards
- Additional health coverage
- Special offers and discounts/ corporate badge program
- Did we mention free coffee, snacks?
- Eco friendly travellers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and monthly allowance for transportation are available to all employees
- Referral bonus program
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Relevant University degree, ideally in Information Technology or Computer Science
- At least 1- 2 years of experience in Linux or UNIX Systems Administration and Network Administration
- Professional experience with Software and Hardware Support
- Fluency in English – both verbal and written
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1- 2 years of experience with Spectrum Scale, Spectrum Fusion, Spectrum Insight or ESS
- At least 1- 2 years of experience RedHat, Openshift or Ansible
- At least 1- 2 years of experience with Object Storage and Cloud Storage