Join an innovative team focused on delivering and maintaining IBM Z Operating System (z/OS) which runs IBM mainframe computers. We provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe because of the dedication our Technical Support has to our clients. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, Technical Support is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide.
At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry for solutions you can be proud of. Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, vibrant, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on a high performing team!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an IBM z/OS Technical Support Professional, you will be part of a team that provides technical support to IBM Z software and solutions.
- In this role, you will provide technical support assistance to IBM clients using problem determination and problem source identification skills in z/OS. This includes reading/analysis of code as well as a review of memory dumps, logs, and traces.
- In addition to technical skills in your IBM Z component, you will use your communication skills to directly interface with some of IBM’s largest customers. In doing so, you will be forming action plans and collaborating with the customer as well as other IBM teams to drive problems to a solution. Problems can take the form of usage/how-to as well as code defects.
After extensive technical and process training, our primary role will be to ensure timely response to Client high priority cases. Some off shift and weekends support coverage will be required as the candidate becomes proficient. Initial training will include building deep technical skills and process learning working alongside established and experienced technical professionals. With the deep skills established you will join a team that is dedicated to ensuring that the support agreement terms and response times are met.
You will be responsible for recommending and implementing new improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes. You will also be able to make improvements to z/OS products to improve reliability, uptime, and serviceability. You should exhibit strong problem-solving skills, a desire to face new and unique challenges each day, and strong communication skills. You should be willing to learn the ins-and-outs of your z/OS component as well as general IBM Z architecture skills. You should have strong knowledge of at least one programming language and be open to learning new languages that are unique to the IBM Z environment.
What we offer:
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Access to fully functional lab facility for education purposes and problem recreation
- Work in a team with leading specialists
- Competitive remuneration package
- Diverse job role structure giving opportunities for growth within the team
- Hybrid working model with flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- A workplace in an open, friendly hi-tech environment
- Recognition awards
- Additional health coverage
- Special offers and discounts/ corporate badge program
- Did we mention free coffee, snacks?
- Eco-friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and monthly allowance for transportation are available to all employees
- Referral bonus program
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Science, or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Acting in a respectful and professional manner to represent IBM to its high-profile clients
- Working in high pressure, dynamic situations with a large degree of autonomy
- Being agile and open-minded to quickly adapt to procedures and tools required for the position
- Focused and results orientated with commitment to accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem determination/solving skills
- Knowledge or experience working with one or more of:
– Operating system administration, command usage, or troubleshooting
– Operating system internals (e.g., kernel, file system, networking, client-server, performance)
– Programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, Java, Python, or Shell)
– Programming and data structure concepts
– Cloud and virtualization administration and usage
– Coursework in Data Structures and Algorithms
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiar with or experience with IBM Z
- Growth and applying your technical knowledge toward solving problems
- Assessing customer situations, then applying common sense to manage those situations
- Working with a global team to share ideas on how to work and solve problems
- Customer driven focus