At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Technical Support Specialist at IBM you are the first point of contact with our clients. Your main responsibilities are to provide technical support and assistance to clients and business regarding their software issues. We provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe because of the dedication our Technical Support has to our clients. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, Technical Support is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide.
At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry for solutions you can be proud of. Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, vibrant, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on a high performing team!
- Specialize in performing and enabling technical support of IBM Lab software and solutions.
- Provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination and problem source identification skills.
- Utilize technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
- Communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative, as appropriate.
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes.
- Provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
About the Team
We are a talented and dedicated team committed to supporting our customers across the globe. The team resolves high visibility issues impacting IBM client business and play a key role in enhancing client experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in a customer support environment
- 3+ years debugging/troubleshooting and implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- 3+ years working with TCP/IP and/or SNA protocols
- Have an in-depth understanding of network technologies
- Must be highly motivated, eager to learn and have a passion for supporting great products
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of or experience using the MVS / z/OS mainframe operating system concepts
- Working knowledge of PLX, PLAS, REXX, and Assembler programming skills
- Working knowledge of packet trace or wireshark
- Ability to analyze system output from system ABENDs (logs, dumps)
- Able to diagnose problems ranging from code defects, configuration issues, or performance
- Knowledge of customer relationship management tools such as CSP and/or Salesforce