KBC Group’s Digital Development Center (DDC) is our newly established agile IT business center in Varna, Bulgaria. The DDC offers you a unique opportunity to join the exciting world of digital bank- insurance, explore the agile way of work and become part of a leading EU Banking Group. With our 41,000 talented employees, we at KBC Group aspire every day to enable and protect the dreams of our clients.
DDC is where classical IT meets digital banking – an international meeting place for cross-country collaboration and idea creation!
In Bulgaria, KBC Group is one of largest foreign investors, where we operate under the leading brands of UBB (Banking), DZI (Insurance) and SSC (Shared Services).
How do you like a role described with terms like multiple, complex, constraints, incident, change?
Are you eager to cooperate with analysts, technical designers, functional analysts, product owners, application managers and to manage both multiple and complex systems, within the constraints of time, quality and budget? Do large-scale projects excite you?
As our DevOps Engineer you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the systems, applications and databases architectures which are used in KBC
- Recommend, design, and implement feature/performance improvements
- Handle outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions
- Write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the service
- Own complex controls/features with high autonomy
- Ensure consistency and application of best practices across the product
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
- Join the SAFe ceremonies (PI Planning, Sprint Planning), where we have a lot of interaction within and outside the team and every team member takes responsibility to pick tasks from the backlog, discuss requirements, give status update on open tasks, give and accept open feedback
- Be involved in CI/ CD and deployment automation
What we seek:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a DevOps role
- Extensive experience in any of these: Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Kubernetes/ Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Verbal and Written English language skills (B1/B2)
- Awareness of Agile principles
- Knowledge of non-life insurance is an asset
- Ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- Usage of Terraform for setup of infrastructure & applications is an asset
Our KBC Benefits:
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Great opportunities for learning and professional development within a reputable international company
- Preferential terms for use of products and services with all KBC Group companies in Bulgaria
- Additional Medical Care Insurance and Pension plan
- Multisport card and other discounts in shopping centers
- Flexible working
- Home office
If you find this job opportunity interesting and you meet the requirements for the position send a CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Confidentiality is guaranteed and the provided data is subject to special protection in the meaning of the GDPR and Personal Data Protection Act.