A professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering
both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
• Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s
• Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and
• Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and
in a timely manner
• Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
• Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query
• Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
• Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and
versions when required.
• Proven working experience as a Database administrator
• Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, SQL and NoSQL
• Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
• Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
• Familiarity with programming languages
• Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
• BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
• Knowledge with MySQL, PgSQL
• Familiar with cloud technologies such as GCP, AWS