Daye is a highly ambitious R&D startup on a mission to raise the standards in the female healthcare industry. Our aim is to bridge the gender gap in medical research and product innovation by designing products rooted in scientific rigor and inspired by the female intuition.
We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of female health, from the first menstruation up to menopause, and beyond.
We started by upgrading the tampon and after 3 years of R&D, in 2020 we launched the world’s first pain-relieving tampon. We quickly expanded our product portfolio to cover vaginal health with our ProViotics - the first microbiome safe treatment for recurrent infections. We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US market.
Our team of 50, based in London and Sofia, is changing the face of gynae health for the better, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an R&D Engineer based in Sofia*.* You **will be working closely with our Design Engineering team in London, as well as the Product team in Sofia, and our Founder and CPO. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in product development, prototyping machines and manufacturing automation. They would be proactive, curious and looking for a creative challenge.
As an integral part of the DE team, you will be involved in the different phases of product development, machine design, and manufacturing automation. The team is also responsible for the continuous optimisation of existing processes in Daye’s manufacturing with the view of improving performance, optimising efficiencies, and reducing costs.
Over the next 12 months, our aim is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially, which means you’ll be part of a company on an extremely high growth trajectory. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact quickly by getting involved in the development of highly innovative medical devices, which require custom machines for their production.
If this sounds like you and you want to work in a dynamic, high growth VC-backed start-up, we’d love to talk with you!
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the development of new products through prototyping and experimental testing.
- Designing and building experimental rigs to support product development.
- Generating reports for experimental testing performed and updating the design history file of new and existing products.
- Liaising with the Product team to generate design control documentation to record all design inputs.
- Liaising with the Product team to generate verification and validation testing methods to ensure user requirements are met.
- Creating technical documentation to enable part manufacturing.
- Creating technical specifications of new products.
- Designing and manufacturing new parts to improve existing processes in Daye’s manufacturing.
- Assisting the Design Engineering and Product teams with other tasks as needed.
What you need to bring
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, or Industrial or Product Design.
- Experience with product design, R&D and design for manufacturing.
- Advanced statistical analysis skills and experience with design of experiments with the view of guiding design decisions.
- Experience with CAD, creating technical documentation and rapid prototyping (3D printing, Arduino programming, etc).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary engineering teams.
- (Desired) Experience with medical device design manufacturing in compliance with ISO13485.
- Comfort with taking initiative, being autonomous and accountable, as well as thinking critically.
- High levels of self-organisation and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passion for sustainability and healthcare innovation.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines while working across multiple projects.
- An impeccable attention to detail and a deep commitment to accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt to changes easily and learn on the go.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers’ best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyone’s an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we’re not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we’re all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We’re always pushing boundaries, for us that’s the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 30 days paid vacation per year including bank holidays
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Tell us about you, your experience and why you are interested in this job.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Attach your latest CV and send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Press send and we’ll get back to you within 1 week.