Daye is a highly ambitious R&D startup on a mission to raise the standards in the female healthcare industry. Our aim is to bridge the gender gap in medical research and product innovation by designing products rooted in scientific rigor and inspired by the female intuition.
We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of female health, from the first menstruation up to menopause, and beyond.
We started by upgrading the tampon and after 3 years of R&D, in 2020 we launched the world’s first pain-relieving tampon. We quickly expanded our product portfolio to cover vaginal health with our ProViotics - the first microbiome safe treatment for recurrent infections. We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US market.
Our team of 50, based in London and Sofia, is changing the face of gynae health for the better, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an Automation Engineer based in Sofia*.* You **will be working closely with our Product and Design Engineering teams, as well as our Founder and CPO. You will be involved in manufacturing automation and continuous optimisation of existing processes in Daye’s manufacturing with the view of improving performance, optimising efficiencies, and reducing costs.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a process engineering background, coupled with experience in PLC programming, mass manufacture, integration of controls into existing machines and process optimization. They would be proactive, curious and looking for a creative challenge.
Over the next 12 months, our aim is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially, which means you’ll be part of a company on an extremely high growth trajectory. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact quickly by getting involved in the development of highly innovative medical devices, which require custom machines for their production.
If this sounds like you and you want to work in a dynamic, high growth VC-backed start-up, we’d love to talk with you!
What you’ll be doing
- Developing custom machinery for feminine hygiene products from prototype to full-scale production:
- Prototyping methods of production.
- Sourcing components and ancillary systems.
- Assembly fabrication.
- Developing control systems and programming.
- Maximising output efficiency over time and ongoing maintenance.
What you need to bring
- Expertise in electronics, programming and CAD.
- Good working knowledge of various automation softwares, such as: B&R Automation Studio (ideal), Mitsubishi Controls, Profibus/ASlbus & Ethernet networking, Servo Drives and associated controls, variable speed drives.
- Comfortable sourcing, specifying, designing, building and programming the above automation systems.
- Experience in designing electro-mechanical systems, assisting in developing machinery from concept to production readiness.
- Familiarity with systems and processes within a high-speed production line or multi-skilled FMCG environment would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be highly beneficial
- Experience with R&D prototyping would be good.
- Ability to work with and design both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and iterating designs quickly.
- Readiness to work on projects in the R&D phase, dealing with a certain amount of ambiguity and uncertainty surrounding the project, and being able to adapt to changes as we develop our product is a must.
- Drive to create positive environmental impact and social change.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers’ best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyone’s an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we’re not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we’re all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We’re always pushing boundaries, for us that’s the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 30 days paid vacation per year including bank holidays
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Tell us about you, your experience and why you are interested in this job.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Attach your latest CV and send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Press send and we’ll get back to you within 1 week.